Monday, August 6, 2018

Dragonfly Card

A beautiful FB friend recently sent me some wonderful patterned paper having nailed my style perfectly! As I was looking through the papers, I started looking through my stamps, trying to decide what to couple with the paper. Suddenly, I became distracted with the intricate designs in the papers and wondered if I could case them. So, I followed my latest diversion and took out some watercolor paper. I then began adding distress color to the paper (drying the paper between color additions). I pulled out a large Unity Mandela stamp from the 7/17 KOTM and stamped that a few times using oxide ink. I then pulled out the Thoughts from the Past Stamp and stamped around 3 times again. Finally, I pulled Unity’s Happy kit and used the spatter to add a little blue.




At this point, I pulled out black Versafine ink and stamped the large dragonfly. I used oxide inks to color in the butterfly and finally added Brea Reese Glitter inks and Spectrum Noir Glitter pens to add sparkle to the butterfly. I went over the dark lines with a Micron pen. I then pulled out a white Brea Reese Texture paste and a TCW stencil to add a little texture and white paint. I stamped the sentiment, added paint spatters and fussy cut that and some of the blue paper, sent to me, to back it. I smudged all the edges, attached everything to the card base and added sequins. I did add a little pencil color around the butterfly.

Hope you enjoyed this card! Till next time, happy crafting!



6 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Love all of the detail! Thank you for sharing your steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie Sue, thank you for your kind gift! Love them and will definitely be using them!

      Delete
  2. Stunning!! I think your patterned paper is better than the others! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, thank you! This one was fun to create!

      Delete