Thursday, August 30, 2018

ATC for Unity ATC Challenge

Okay, I succumbed to creating an ATC for the Unity challenge even though I already create 40 ATC’s a month (2 groups)! Wasn’t going to, but... I looked at the small squirrel in the Sept 2017 KOTM and the embossing folder with trees I found while cleaning up all my folders, stencils and dies and figured I needed to do it! (To reward myself for cleaning up and organizing craft stuff all day!)

To begin, I put down 2 different distress greens on my craft mat, spritzed with water and dipped my card into them. I pulled yellow, orange and rusty hinge Distress inks and did the same after drying the card. I then took a Hero Arts stencil and added leaves in same colors. I ran the ATC through with the embossing folder and took a brown Memento ink and swiped it across the raised tree trunks.

I stamped the squirrel first with Tea Rose Oxide, and then coated the areas of the stamp like the edges to create depth in the image using Rusty Hinge. I kept doing this until I was pleased with the squirrel. I then took the tread background stamp from Aug 2018 SMAK kit and stamped it both vertically and horizontally to give texture. I had cut a little heart out to mask the one in the image. I used Vintage Photo, Fossilized Amber and Rusty Hinge to apply the texture. I then added more shading using Prismacolor pencils and a brown Crystal for the eye.

I cut out some leaves and again swiped Distress inks over the texture created by the punch. I stamped the sentiment from the kit, cut it up and applied color to the edges and used a red pencil to add more. To complete the ATC, I darkened the edges, added flat enamel dots and more brown crystals to simulate nuts! Again, I’m on this fall kick, I guess, and, now, I’ll put away that kit for awhile! Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. So very pretty and vivid. Bet it looks even better in person! Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene, thank you! It was fun to bring this poor neglected stamp to life!

      Delete