Thursday, July 19, 2018

Single Layer Card

Been taking a break from crafting for a few hot days, enjoying the summer, reading and hitting a pool. Knowing I needed to get back into crafting, I decided start by entering 2 challenges with this card, Unity’s Single Layer Challenge and the Inspired By Beach Day Challenge (colors). I used Unity’s Holly Hoffman Blossoming Beauty kit and a Tim Holtz stencil.

Pulling out a Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock sheet, I grabbed the Distress inks in the picture below. I based my selection on the Inspired by Challenge picture, so I needed to mix 2 blues to cool the color down a little. I first stamped and mixed the blues and added a lot of water to dilute the color and picked up ink around the paper. I then did the same with Antique Linen, drying in between. I did this several times. I then pulled out the Walnut Stain and added water drops of the brown ink.

I then used my Misti with Coffee Archival ink to stamp the flower images, I then embossed with Liquid Platinum. I did this twice to make sure the images stood out. I then painted the images using my regular watercolors, making sure I added some yellow.

Once done, I used watermark ink to emboss the sentiment using a Stampendous medium blue. I then used Hickory Smoke around the edges using both a sponge and paintbrush. I used the same ink to add stencilled flowers. I finished up by adding blue and sand colored sequins, mounted it on Kraft cardstock and called it done. Hope you like this one! Now, back to ATC’s!



8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love your embossing! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, thank you again! My first entry...yeah!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I love the softness of the stenciled flowers and the colors in the background are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, thank you! If it weren’t for you, this wouldn’t have happened! Somehow, you introduced me to the Inspired By challenge group, hence the colors!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love the soft yet bold colors!

    ReplyDelete