Friday, July 13, 2018

Challenge CAS Card

Decided at very last minute to attempt a CAS card (Clean and Simple) for the Unity Show and Tell Challenge. Not sure if this one totally fits the bill, but it’s definitely the closest I’ve come in awhile!

To begin I cut Kraft paper down to size, and pulled out Unity’s March 2016 SMAK kit. It contains multi layer stamps. I pulled out a rose colored Gina K ink, a deep red Memento ink and a black archival ink. I started by carefully placing the largest surface stamp in my Mist, carefully noticing the grid lines, and using 5he Gina k ink. I then lined up the solid lines stamp and used the red followed by the black with the split line detailed outline. I then pulled copper, gold and white Perfect Pearls powder wet it and painted some shadows in the flower. I then stamped the sentiment from the same kit in black. I added copper and green spatters.

I found paper to match and distressed the edges in coordinating colors in Oxide inks to blend in. To complete the card, I added a rose gold ribbon and green twine, and sequin. I wasn’t happy with the blandness, of course, so I ended up adding washi. I included both pics, so if you care to, leave a comment telling me which one you like better!

 It turned out I really love this flower from the kit, which is not why I picked it up. Now I can’t wait to try the other one! Till next time, happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment