Monday, June 25, 2018

Bold Bloom Card

Watercolored another card today using textured watercolor paper. I find I totally relax when I watercolor... just love doing it. Anyway, used my tube paints again and although I matched colors to a Prima paper pad, the paper was never used. I stamped the large bloom from Unity’s Bold Bloom kit using Stazon Timber Brown. I stamped the leaves in 2 places using Olive Archival ink. I masked the flower when I stamped the leaves and background stamp. I used a couple background stamps: the net from Unity’s Blow Your Mind kit, stamped in yellow archival ink; and the lower right frame from Let it Go and Focus, stamped in Coffee archival ink. Once I was done painting, I stamped the sentiment from Never in the brown Stazon ink.

I painted each petal using 3 mixed colors, and, when I needed to, I dried the paper. Sometimes I used the pigment directly for a pop of color. I then painted the leaves. I then colored the background adding the light red paint in spots. I then added some background leaves to give more depth. I also added more red in the leaves area. Finally, I took a light green and just outlined the flower. I inked the edges with the coffee and added a little vintage photo Distress ink.

To finish the card I add some sequins, a gift with purchase from Unity, and brown twine. Hope you like this one!




8 comments:

  1. Have honestly never used this term before to describe a card, but this is truly jaw dropping. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thank you so much! I’m so glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. I saw this on Facebook and had to stop by to let you know how gorgeous it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy, thank you for the complement and stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have never wished I knew how to water color more than I do right now. This card is spectacular! Truly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete