Saturday, June 23, 2018

My romantic Live Your Dream ATC

For the second ATC, I wanted to try creating a mixed media card! Tuesday AM store released a few discontinued Tim Holtz items. I picked up a few, like mixed media cardstock (for $1.99!), washi tapes, metal pieces and Dylusions spray paint. I also lucked that week picking up a large collage pack that included special paper and metal pieces. So, my mind started spinning and I got this idea for an ATC.

I know often people start their mixed media pieces with book pages. I went to a used book store hoping to find a really neat sophisticated book. But, I didn’t want to spend money on a book I was going to tear up. I watched a video once that talked about being careful what you use as she finally noticed she had used a book on gynecological problems of bovines šŸ¤£! So, I finally decided on an old trashy romance paperbackšŸ˜, hoping I could cover it up and that I didn’t used any risquĆ© pages! Anywho, I began by cutting out several pages and tearing them up. 10 ATC’s can be created with one 8 1/2 by 11” piece of paper, so I pulled out one of the pieces of cardstock. I randomly tacked down the paper using Fabric Tac glue (recommended by a class I took). I then took some blue glittery paper and tore that up as well and added that. I then took some Prima pink/black Washi tape and added some pieces of that all over. I was going for a pale pink/dark blue-green/black color scheme. I found another paper I thought would go and added some of that. I then pulled out stencils and started stenciling 2 different designs all over using texture paste. I added a platinum silver embossing powder to the texture paste and heated it up...which makes it colorful and puffy (more texture). I then pulled out the blue Dylusions spray and sprayed in 3 different spots. I also took a pale pink Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and sprayed that in the empty spaces. I let that all dry out for an hour or so before I cut it up. (I did have to re-glue a little as the cutter is not gentle when going through so many layers). I had leftover paper that I cut up, blackened the edges and added where there were holes on some of the ATCS.

I used Unity’s Live Your Dream kit. I stamped both stamps on watercolor paper. After creating 10 sets, I added watercolor to the bike image (pale blue and pale pink), fussy cut sentiment and image, and inked up all the edges in black. I also inked up all the ATCs edges. I then put each ATC together uniquely - adding a blue glitter washi tape when the ATC was too light, adding a gold and a silver sticky, adding the kit pieces and a Tim Holtz metal piece. I also used a pen to make a frame around the edges. I think these ended up pretty interesting and I had a lot of fun creating these “romantic” Live Your Dream ATCs! I can see why mixed media is popular - I’ll definitely try this again. Again, any questions...just ask! Have a great weekend!





2 comments:

  1. The silver embossed areas really intrigued me when I got mine. I am going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the effect the platinum gave! Pretty cool! Gave it a rich look!

      Delete