Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Love is Eternal Card

Colored a little too vigorously, this flower from the Layers of Life Eternal kit from Unity. I received a Violet Brea Reese Glitter ink today that I wanted to try (shiny new thing syndrome)! I started by adding lilac, violet and pink colors to the watercolor paper and dried it in between. I stamped the flower onto a masking sheet and fussy cut it out. I stamped the watercolor paper with London Fog Memento ink. After masking that flower, I stamped it a couple more times.

I began by coloring the centers and then the tips of the flowers. I wanted some depth to the flower, so I started shading in some of the flowers. I used a combo of Memento chalk ink and distress and oxide inks. I used the Brea Reese dark violet in the flower centers. After coloring the flowers, I moved on to the leaves and then filled in the flower background with a combo of colors including the Brea Reese. I lightly stamped the background grid image using a green color. I then spattered colors around the paper.

After the paper was dried, I used a white pen to lighten spots and then stamped the sentiment using archival ink. I used my Misti for all the stamping. 

To create the card, I covered the white cardstock with a violet dotted paper. I used an oval die on the watercolor paper. I diecut a pink paper into a rectangle and decided I wanted to try a Tim Holtz die on the corners. I backed that paper with a lighter pink and, finally, after mounting everything, added crystal butterflies.

I think next time I will try a lighter hand coloring the flowers. I grew too bored and impatient coloring each flower! But I discovered I really like the dark rich color the Brea Reese violet ink produced! Well, enough on this okay card! Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment