Thursday, March 22, 2018

Free and Wild Card

Inspired last night to stamp and color Unity’s Wild Heart Kit. I used Distress inks in pinks, green and brown to match Prima’s Wild and Free paper that had similar feather images and sentiments as the kit. I used Distress inks around the edges and also spattered paint across the image and stopped there. Went back to looking through the pad to see if I could combine the 2 to create a card today. Since the pad also contains stickers, I found a beautiful girl sticker I wanted to use and finally called it a day.

Today, I went back to the image and strengthened the colors using Prismacolor pencils and a white pen. I then used a Penny Black die to cut the image. I also used an Elizabeth Craft die to create a fancy swag using 3 pieces of paper in combinination. I added a decorative ribbon that I attached additional strings to to mirror the image strands hanging down. I backed that piece with a dark paper from the pad. 

To create the card, I started piecing paper from the pad onto cardstock. I distressed many of the edges either by running a Tim Holtz serrated scissor across the edges or tearing the paper. I layered the card using different papers and fussy cutting images from the papers to use as decorative ephemera. I also used a glittery washi tape, Prima flowers and beads.

To create the sentiment, I used a background stamp from an older Unity KOTM that I picked up on the Unity Stamp Swap FB site. I stamped the sentiment on that paper and fussy cut, distressed and tore that paper. I added that to the card and called it. I think the stamp and papers go great together and am happy with the result. I love exploring papers to see what images I can find and use to complement the card. The Prima paper pads excel at burying great finds in their collage papers. I used stamps, a tape measure, a dream catcher and boots this time. See if you can find them in my card! 

Have a great day and till next time, happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment