Thursday, March 22, 2018

French Kindness Card

Inspired by Amber Trubiak’s Throwback Thursday post suggesting we pull an older Unity kit and make a card, I decided to pull out the oldest KOTM I bought, Everyday Fairytale, from Dec 2012! After you join the monthly kit subscription you can pick up any KOTM at deeply discounted prices! I picked this up because of the Eiffel Tower and the Paris vibe, since I visited Paris this past summer. So pulling out the vintage label and a few sentiments, I stamped the image in an archival ink and pulled out my watercolors and, this time, matched colors to Prima’s Romance Novel pad. I pulled out a Spellbinders die, cut and distressed the edges. I then decided on the bottom paper. Since the card is a slightly larger size than the paper, I pulled out a black patterned paper and lined both edges of the card base with it. I used the same paper to run a strip across the card and layered lace on top of that.

To add embellishments, I decided to pull another deeper colored paper from the pack and used my Verso Damask die. I fussy cut portions from it and added it to the bottom left side and the top right side. I also pulled out a Tim Holtz card with roses on it from an embellishment pack and and cut it to fit on the top to the left of the center. I then stamped Merci in a red ink and the Kindness sentiment both from the kit. Again I backed the Kindness with the same black paper. I had picked up metal embellishments from Tuesday Morning and used several on the top righ and bottom left. And I attached the Kindness sentiment to the top left.

To finish emphasizing the image, I used a different Spellbinder die on red paper to back the image. I then cut some branches using a leaf punch and found 2 leaves from embellishment packs. I placed those on top of the lace framing the image and finished off adding enamel dots around the card.

I think the card turned out pretty vintage looking and, I must say, I love this stamp and the results I achieved with it. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment