Friday, March 30, 2018

Antique Chair Card

I decided to go back to vintage today using the chair and a sentiment from Unity’s March 2018 KOTM. I stamped the image on a tan card base and colored it using my new Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors for the first time and added a green background and distressed the edge. I had already picked out a red patterned paper that had dull green leaves in it that I ended up replicating here and on the card in various locations.

To try something new, I had recently picked up embossing folders on sale at Tuesday Morning. It has a quilt pattern. I wiped wet ink over the embossing folder and placed some of the same tan paper on it and ran my hands over the paper, using it like a stamp. After it was dry, I ran it through my Big Shot to get the impression on the stamped paper. Love how it turned out...you can see bits of it on the right side.

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of ephemera and backed it with the patterned paper.

I placed more of the same red patterned paper underneath the stamped image. To create the card, I used bits of ephemera in various colors to match the flowers on the chair and added faux flowers, twine, Tim Holtz flowers, buttons, enamel dots, fabric, and a metal embellishment.

Felt good to return to return to vintage before I turn back to my ATCs. I really like this stamp, and I’ll need to try another card as I think I can achieve a better look with it. But for now, hope you enjoy this card, and, till next time, happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment