Monday, February 12, 2018

First Distress Card

Okay, wanted to veer into a different card type this afternoon after I received my new Unity kits in the mail, yeah! One of those kits, Who You Really Are, has a beautiful sentiment and butterfly I wanted to use. I guess I can relate to this kit since I’m retired now and going in an entirely new direction. I also want to move into mixed media and journaling next month and to start I need to get more comfortable playing with distress inks.

So, I got out a sheet of Canson Montval paper, some Distress and Oxide inks, and a water spritzer. I proceeded to apply color to the table, spritzed it and started smooshing the card into it. After I was happy with the colors, I then pulled out a couple background stamps from the Vibes kit (also new) and started stamping with an Oxide ink. I dried the paper and then stamped the butterfly and sentiment on the paper. I also pulled out a smaller butterfly from the August 2017 KOTM and stamped that, all with black archival ink.

I then started looking for background paper and I ended up loving the yellow/pink mandala style paper. I offset that and added plain yellow paper. I knew that I needed to restamp the sentiment as it was too hard to read on the painted paper. So I used yellow paper for the sentiment and added a paperclip on the end. I used a Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen on all the butterflies. I pulled the card together by adding twine, sequins and a metal butterfly sticker (Tuesday Morning find).

I was rather pleased with the colors in the card, but I’ll be looking at Facebook to gauge how well the card works. This was a great learning experience and I’ll be trying more of this type of card. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!




4 comments:

  1. I want to start using mixed media too! It makes such interesting art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be taking classes at a Stamp and Scrapbook Expo this week. Can’t wait! Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you learned or see your art.

    ReplyDelete