Sunday, February 4, 2018

Damn Girl Selfie Card

To change things up this afternoon, I wanted to veer away from the shabby chic type vintage card to a more Art Deco-like style. I had recently picked up a film strip washi tape and wanted to use it. I wanted to a add another washi tape with color and found one that I thought had an abstract film strip feel. I envisioned Unity’s brand new Damn Girl stamp kit was perfect for this type of card. Hope you enjoy reading about it!

I started by stamping the image on white card stock and distressed it with antique linen and black soot. I had recently bought, on sale, Bo Bunny’s Selfie die set. I looked around my paper stock to find a greenish blue paper that would complement the washi tape. I die cut that and the image. I found a grainy paper I thought could be the foundation and after cutting it to fit the card, I decided to offset it. I then used the washi tape to fill the white spaces and provide edging for the card. I then turned to stamping out the sentiment. I wanted the paper to be lined. Used several different papers till I found the one I wanted to use. I also die cut a film strip that is used to back the sentiment, and added washi tape. I had colored the hat and face on the image, so I used the same pencil to fill in a little of the flowers on the paper. Tried several colors for the heart hole in the picture frame and finally settled on shiny gold complementing the washi tape. Finally added embellishments and called the card done! 

This card was a challenge for me. I hope I did the style justice and that you enjoyed it. Thanks and come back and visit in the future!



1 comment: