Sunday, February 4, 2018

Prima Rossi Belle Card

I finally opened up a card embellishment kit I bought on Etsy last year (I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find the vendor name). However, the kit contained 4 6x6 papers, several flowers, butterflies, card tags, doilies, home made die cuts, sequins, journal cards and a few chipboard pieces, all coordinated to Prima’s Rossi Belle paper. This paper pad may be discontinued, but I really liked the look and colors of the paper. I decided my brand new Unity kit, Beauty every Little Thing, would be perfect to use with this kit.

I decided I would stamp the birdcage from the kit on the plainest piece of paper I had. Once I had that stamped I remembered I received a little butterfly stamp in a grab bag that would work well on the side of the cage. After stamping that, I then tore the paper, created a 5 x 7 white card base and started designing the vintage look I wanted using torn paper pieces. Once that was done, I distressed many of  the pieces and then looked at the journal cards, doilies and tags to see which would make a good frame for the birdcage and the love die cut. I then affixed all the pieces to the card base and started playing with the flowers and butterflies. I also wanted to use another Unity stamp for a sentiment. I decided the treasure and love me stamps from the We Treasure You kit would lend a perfect vintage feel to the card. Using only the words treasure and love I stamped those on leftover paper scraps and backed treasure with lace to emphasize it and provide a small lace accent. To finish the card I added ribbon, Nuvo drops and sticky dots.

I love how this card turned out as: 1) I love birdcages, 2) I love vintage cards and 3) I love brown stripes (check out my Henry Bendel bag behind the card!). Hope you like this one as much as I do. Also, I recommend trying a card

embellishment kit like this sometime. It was reasonably priced and cheaper than buying a full pad and all the embellishments separately! Take care and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment