Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Vintage Rose Vase Card

I made another vintage card as something new to do with this stamp. I used Unity’s So Very Grateful kit for the vase and sentiment and the Hug kit for the background stamp. I wanted to use the Love Clippings paper pad again but with a focus on the deep rose colors. I stamped the image using archival ink and selected the Prismacolor pencils from the color chart that I finally put together this morning! After coloring the image I stamped it again with the handwriting stamp and distressed the edges. I die cut it with the Penny Black Antique Frame.

This card has been entered into the Card Concept Challenge.




Then it was time to construct the card. As usual when making vintage cards, I use my small Tim Holtz scissors to cut the side edges of the first paper down and tore a bit off the top and side. I paper pieced a coordinating paper under the side hole. I then wanted to have a darker non traditional frame for the colored vase paper. I ended up using a piece of ephemera I had used before that had a deeper rose color and offset the placement. At the top I selected a small piece of paper from Love Clippings that I wrapped with peach and wired rose ribbons and elevated that on the card. I stamped the sentiment and die cut that and found a sticky diecut in the paper pad that I used to back the sentiment. I then used a rose ribbon, a doily, a Bo Bunny chip board piece, Love Clipping ephemera, sequins, Nuvo drops, a little Washi tape and a Melissa Francis metal rose to embellish the card.

As usual, it’s a layered, textured and busy card. I hope you like it. I also hope it’s interesting to see how different products and pieces can be pulled together to make a cohesive card. Thanks for reading my blog and have a great day!





5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnne, thank you for commenting on my blog and liking my card! Hope the details are useful to you! Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. I would love to come over and play. I love your creations.

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much, JoAnne! I am still on a learning curve but I’m enjoying the ride!

      Delete
  2. Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete