Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Rose Avenue Kraft Card

Hello! Today I created a Birthday Kraft card to enter into the Unity card challenge. I really needed to change up colors, so, thinking a soft blue may coordinate well, I chose paper from Kaisercraft called Rose Avenue. I selected several blue and soft white papers and looked to my dies to see how the brown Kraft paper could become part of the card. I covered the Kraft card base with a soft patterned blue paper die cut using the Vibrant Damask die. I trimmed down a flowered blue sheet to fit a little under half the card. I then used a Bo Bunny doily die cut on the soft white paper and trimmed that in half. I found blue and pink washi tape that I used to spilt the card in half. Once I had the general layout of the card designed, I looked to my Unity stash for a rose stamp and decided the rose in Rosey Thoughts would be a perfect complement to all the textures in the die-cuts.

I tried embossing the flower using blue and then white embossing powder, and finally settled on the white being a better match. I also embossed the happy birthday sentiment from Abundant Blessings in white. I used tissue paper to smear on some pink and green Memento Chalk ink to give a tinge of color to the embossed rose. I then constructed the card layout, adding pink and white twine, and embellished with pearl dots, pink Nuvo drops and some Rose Avenue ephemera. This card was fun to put together and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading and have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment