Friday, January 12, 2018

Butterfly Valentine’s Day card

And here’s my first card recorded on my new blog! Special card for family member for Valentine’s Day!






I had already stamped out the beautiful butterfly image from Unity’s Start of Something New December 2017 Kit of the Month. I recently went to Tuesday Morning and picked up this 12x12 Echo Park paper pad kit for $5.99.  Loved the Paris theme as I happened to visit Paris this past summer and it’s a perfect color scheme for this time of year! Knew I wanted to add a contrasting color and the complement of red is green, so I picked mint knowing I had some mint flowers I picked up on sale from Blitsy! I also happened to pick up washi tape in pink glitter (with a touch of green in the glitter) and a black plaid for $1 each from Target! After pulling everything together, I then turned to my pencils to find the right combination of colors...I usually select 3 tones for each color and a shading color.





After coloring the image, by using 2-4 colors on every component, I remembered I had picked up mint Sparkle and Sprinkle glitter at a class I took and used it on the blooms! I stamped out a sentiment from the kit. I also remembered I had an Avery Elle pigment ink I could use as well as Picked Raspberry distress oxide to color the edges of the image, the sentiment and bottom of the card. Now, I was ready to start composing the card.

Once major components put together, added a Heidi Swapp heart (also from Tuesday AM which matched), iridescent crystals and mint colored ribbon behind the sentiment for contrast and texture.

As usual, I had fun finding and putting elements together. Hope you like this card (and my family member)! Let me know if you have any questions or whether the amount of detail was too much or just enough! Thanks and have a great day!



10 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting a blog! I'm excited to see what you share in your new artistic journey. Your butterfly card is absolutely stunning and I enjoyed reading your steps in creating it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal for the “always on” positivity, the nice complement, great feedback and good wishes! Very much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. OMG Joyce! A beautiful card! I thought I had a lot of patterned paper, but I think you win! Great job on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...I do love patterned paper, may have a bit of a problem! Thanks for the complements!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card! I enjoyed reading through your process of how you made the card. I love your use of the pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you for your feedback! I am addicted to patterned paper and use it regularly! Glad you enjoyed the Butterfly card!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your work. I happened onto your blog this morning through Stamp Junkies on FB. I can hardly wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your work. I happened onto your blog this morning through Stamp Junkies on FB. I can hardly wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, so glad you enjoy my efforts! I’ve posted a few more cards to check out! Enjoy!

      Delete