Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Beauty in the Heart Card

I just love the First Edition Love Story paper pad and it’s color schemes. I watercolored a Unity Angie girl from the November 2015 KOTM and stamped the sentiment on patterned paper. The watercolors were chosen to coordinate with the paper pad. I mix colors and usually have 3 tones of colors similar to marker and pencil coloring (usually by diluting with water, adding black, or adding a complementary color to dull a color). I am currently using leftover tubes of ink from a watercolor class I took a year ago. After watercoloring, I used a marker to deepen the lines. I fussy cut the image out. I chose 3 papers from the pack to build the card. 

I happen to love background stamps and you can take a somewhat “plain” patterned paper and Jazz it up a little by using these stamps. I chose the flower corner stamp from Unity’s Cherish Your Dreams and the flower background stamp from the same KOTM from above and used Fired Brick Oxide ink. I used the newly decorated paper as the background for the girl and rounded all corners for the image and the sentiment layers. I used a ribbon I picked up at a flea market. After putting all the pieces together, I added stickles, a flower, a flower cluster, and, a button, twine and knit flower set, I pulled together, as embellishments. This was one of those days where I was getting stickles all over me and had to redo the sentiment! Oh well! Hope you enjoy the card and have a great day!



1 comment: