Thursday, May 16, 2024

BYSHC Sketch 45 Holiday Cards

 Another month - another holiday sketch to play to continue building my Christmas card stash! Here’s the really fun simple sketch - 

This sketch really enabled me to reach into my stash and create simple but pretty cards using just dies, ephemera and pretty papers. I used a Concord and 9th edge die on both of these cards to create the basic sketch design. For this card, I used random papers that matched and a lovely Stamperia ephemera chip board piece. I used a Simon Says Stamp sentiment from the Snowflake edges kit. I added enamel dots for embellishment.

For this card I used pretty Studio Light Magical Christmas papers with gold foil on them and parried it with a Spellbinders sentiment die. For embellishment, I just added crystals and a gold flower.

I really like how this sketch lends itself to using pretty papers as the focal point. Try it yourself and let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Joyce, both of these are lovely. This is a sketch even I could handle. The first one with its shabby chic feel is my favorite. Pretty paper makes the simplest layouts look divine.

    ReplyDelete