Wednesday, November 1, 2023

{BYSHC} November Sketch Challenge #39

 It’s that time and getting closer to the holiday season! Time to start your holiday crafting, if you haven’t yet! Here’s the newest sketch challenge:


So, I played again this month with a few different styles! First off, I was inspired by a YouTube video by Dawn at WPlus9 Design. I created 2 backgrounds using Unity winter foliage stamps. Using watercolor paper, I would inked the stamp first (using complementary colored oxide inks), spritz it with water and then stamp it. I did this several times and while the ink was still wet, I added water to the paper with a wet paint brush and let the ink spread. I just love the soft look it creates.


I then gold embossed a Unity music sheet stamp over the design. 


Finally, I cut down the paper to size and added gold sticky metallic ribbons to complete the sketch! I used a gold card base and a Gina Marie die pine cone set and a pretty Spellbinders Stylish Merry Christmas die with vellum to complete the card! I also added a little sparkly glitter and gold crystals. Turned out pretty festive!


For my second card, I turned to a die set I picked up years ago from a craft magazine (never used). I die cut it on watercolor paper and used my watercolors and pens to add color to it. I die cut a few extra flowers from the set as well. I then cut down some random matching papers into the sketch design, added string, liquid drops and called it done! I didn’t have high expectations on this one, but I think it turned out pretty cute!


Let me know what you think! Join in the fun and add your holiday sketch cards in the Facebook group for a chance at winning some goodies! Thanks for stopping by and till next time, happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are perfect. Thank you for sharing your techniques ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely, but if I have to choose a favorite it would be the Merry Christmas card. I love the Merry Christmas die it’s the perfect topper!

    ReplyDelete