Sunday, August 6, 2023

Watercolored Pre-Printed Card

 So, saw this paper on my work table this morning and had to try my hand at watercoloring a flower. It was gifted to me at a recent Stamp Camp week by the lovely hostess, Lynne Wolfe Bunn. It is watercolor paper, but not the best quality. It leaves the watercolors a little muted. So, after laying down the first and second layer, I added some penciling in to darken the colors and tones a bit. Here’s the start of my efforts:

Liking how it turned out, I decided to continue painting a second flower. They really are gorgeous flowers. I added white Posca pen and black pen to the flower centers and to deeply shaded areas. I fussy cut the flowers out, found a complementary patterned paper and added a sentiment strip using a Unity stamp. To complete the card, I added some enamel dots and twine.

Really love the look of these flowers… thank you, Lynne! Well, thanks for stopping by… till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment