Saturday, August 5, 2023

Color Challenge - Abstract Art - Unity July 2022 kit

 Thanks to Ginger Pelfrey, I was sucked into this beautiful color scheme and abstract art challenge. I’ve recently been engrossed watching Denise Love’s YouTube Abstract Art videos and shared my love of them with a group over on the Stamper’s Swap Shop/Buy/ISO/Share/Swap FB group. I think it’s a fun way to create background paper for cards! Here’s the color scheme:

So, to match up the colors, I pulled out a Ranger acrylic paint, several Gansai Tambi paints, a red graphite pencil, and a gold Daler Rowney acrylic ink. I used a small piece of watercolor paper, taped the edges and began scribbling with pencil. I then randomly added the paints and gold ink. After drying with a hairdryer, I added some red marker marks, pink paint circles with a stencil and white swirls with a stencil and embossing paste. Here’s the result with a piece of corrugated cardboard attached.


I decided I wanted to pair up my abstract art paper with a seashell image and create a shaker card! I also used a matching corrugated paper and scrap paper. I used my Prismacolor pencils in matching colors to color in the seashells from Unity’s Fresh Air and Sunshine kit. I fussy cut out the image and adhered on top of the acetate. I cut out a frame in matching patterned paper and adhered that to the acetate. I added corrugated paper to the bottom of the abstract art and added sequins and stars in coordinating colors. I then used thin foam tape to secure the framed acetate onto the abstract art. 

I used a blue paper for the base, added a gold embossed sentiment and sequins and shells for embellishment. Turned out to be a busy card, but a fun one to create!




Thanks for stopping by and check out Denise’s YouTube videos for a fun look at creating backgrounds. Till next time, happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can’t even imagine thinking of making this card. You have a creative mind! I love this card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah… or a very warped one🤣🥴! Thank you, Linda

      Delete