Sunday, August 20, 2023

Stamperia (et al.) Birthday Card

 Was inspired to create a collage birthday card for my son after glomming on to a bunch of wonderfully creative YouTube videos! Pulled out my Stamperia Alchemy paper collection. I cut down an A7 size paper from the patterned paper, one of the small framed pieces, and a cute cat (since my son has 3 cats)! I then started searching though all my die cuts and ephemera. I found a perfect match with a 7Gypsies puffy world globe that I had! I then searched for more muted (more masculine?) flowers from a couple ephemera books. I found florals and papers I could I fussy cut out, that matched colors I was looking for from Mintay’s first Flora Book and Studio Light’s Jeanine’s Mindful New Awakening Mixed Paper Pad. Both of these contain very pretty images. I used a script Stamperia stamp on one of the papers. I distressed the edges of the papers using Salvaged Patina and Vintage Photo inks. 

To pull the card together, I also added some gold puffy numbers that I distressed with a copper glaze, a coordinating background paper for the cat image from an ArtC collage pack, and a tag with twine that I added a Tim Holtz sentiment to. I had a blast pulling all these pieces together and, better yet, using them! After carefully arranging and gluing (or using foam tape) on all the pieces, I added turquoise crystals to complete the card! I then used a Derwent Inktense pencil to add shading around the elements! I really love the message this sends… at 34, the world is still at your feet to be explored and enjoyed (including those in books)!


Hope this provides you some inspiration to play with your beautiful papers and ephemera! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment