Friday, February 24, 2023

Growing in Unity - Day 5

 Oh my, the last day! It’s been fun and a challenge! So, here’s my last card. I’ve been wanting to copy a style of one of my favorite artistic cardmakers, Debbie Hughes. Not a clear hit, but was fun to try. This card was created with 2 Unity stamps, Strive to Be and Anemone Greetings. I also used a Simon Says Stamp die, Eucalyptus Leaves. I paired these with Mintay’s Blissful Time paper pad.

I started by stamping the image with Antique Linen oxide ink on Arches watercolor paper. I then proceeded to watercolor the image, trying to replicate colors in the paper. I created the foliage colors by mixing orange/rust with green (should have created a nice brown but I retained more of the green). Probably should have used a blue instead and it would have been a more cool brownish tone, but, I wanted a little more contrast. Anyway, after completion, I used a spritzer with white Perfect Pearl powder mixed in. I then used a toothbrush…a little too enthusiastically, to spatter white Winsor and Newton gouache all over. 

I used a Unity die to cut the paper down and embossed the sentiment with Aged Mahogany oxide ink. I used 2 papers from the pad as backing and card base. Then I die cut leaves with another paper from the pack. I added a little green color lightly with my finger using a cool toned green Memento ink. I then cut down and added the individual leaves with glue.

To complete the card I added enamel dots and twine.

This was a fun experiment that I want to try again! Let me know what you think… and remember to leave a comment on each of the days to qualify for the random draw. Leave your name as well! 2 lucky people will receive $20 of store credit. Thanks for all the support as well, as I still get anxious when put in the spotlight like this!

Have a great weekend and happy crafting till next time!

22 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful! I think you succeeded in matching the colors of your lovely paper. Thank you for sharing your fabulous creations this week! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an absolutely stunning card. Thanks for the info on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! Your coloring is amazing! I thought it was a print! Gorgeous!
    Jenni S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, I think YOU are an artist! This is gorgeous. The leaves are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, you did a great job on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing Card Joyce, so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! You may not think it's a clear hit, but I definitely do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunner, Joyce! I can see Debbie's influence, but IMO, you are just as fabulous an artist as she is. I've enjoyed all your projects this week and can't even pick a favorite! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is gorgeous!!! Love it so much!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card! Fabulous way to end your week. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! You never disappoint!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is a hit for sure! Your watercoloring is such a great match for your beautiful paper. Thanks for the inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Your water coloring is lovely! Great combination of paper as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really gorgeous card! Thanks for all the inspiration this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card, can't wait to see more! Kelly Parker

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the layering on this beautiful card! Awesome watercoloring of the image! Thanks for a great GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a gorgeous card!! Von Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, simply gorgeous, your watercoloring is amazing! The gouache was throwing me off because I wasn't sure if it was a distressed ephemera! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete