Thursday, December 1, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #29

Welcome to a new Build Your Stash Holiday Card Sketch Challenge… #29!


For this challenge, I took the opportunity to use up some odds and ends I collected over the years. I had some leftover My Mind’s Eye Sugar Plum paper and ephemera, a holiday DCWV 6x6 Washi tape paper set, some paper I received from a magazine that I liked and a leftover 12x12 paper sheet. After placing the Washi tape onto cream card stock, I cut down all the pieces. Because I used random paper pieces, I couldn’t take the easy way out in cutting the triangles. So I had the first the sheet corner to opposite corner to make first triangles. I then held the 2 pieces together, and made the second cut…cutting through both pieces, making 4 triangles. Not perfect, but I think it worked okay. To place the pieces onto the base I created for each card, I used Washi tape to hold down and arrange the piece. I then would lift up one end and glue it, then the other end of each little triangle. This worked pretty well!

I then paired papers with ephemera pieces and  made up all the cards. To make the cards more festive, I added sparkly embossing powder, random die cut pieces, and brads, crystals and sequins. 

I also decided to use a scrap paper to create a shaker card with this sketch using a pretty sparkly sequin mix. In this case, I also used gold sticky strips. 


Must admit, it was very satisfying pulling random pieces together, using up cherished scraps, and ending up with an additional 5 holiday cards! I think this sketch boosts the look of sometimes plain ephemera! So fun! Check out this blog post for more information and Crystal’s easy way to create this sketch using pretty 2 sided papers!

Thanks for stopping by… till next time, happy crafting!



1 comment:

  1. You continue to amaze me with your creativity. Your attention to all the small details and your gift with making colors so easy on the eyes is simple incredible.

    ReplyDelete