Thursday, November 10, 2022

Paper Inspiration Cards

 Pulled out an Olive Vine Primary Elements pigment and tried to pour some out to use on paper. All of a sudden pigment was all over! Then I noticed the cap inside was open. Thus, I ended with a small pile of the beautiful pigment on my mat… which I couldn’t waste! So, after spritzing it with water, I ended up with a few beautiful sheets of colored green/gold paper, that I had to try using! Hence, the origin of these 2 cards (and probably more)!

Olive Vine, Colourarte, Primary Elements:

For the first card, I gold embossed and colored the ornaments from Unity’s 10/17 Conspiracy of Love kit using watercolors and pencils in complementary colors. I used an oval die on the ornaments paper. I decided to gold emboss the pigment paper with the Holly All Around background stamp. I then found a magazine paper that I thought worked as the bottom layer. I used a green Seth Apter powder, to emboss a sentiment from a recent kit, added gold ribbon and crystals and called the card done.


For the second card, I used the Search for Those Moments kit, to emboss the tree image, using a combo of green oxide inks and Rustic Wilderness powder. I spattered gold and white spatters over the paper. And, to make a snowy image, I added white acrylic paint to the trees. To back the image, I used the ink smooshing technique with another paper using the oxides and a gold liquid ink. I also stamped swirls using a mixed media kit from Unity and an oxide ink. 

I cut the papers down with dies, added a gold background, embossed sentiments from the Winter Wonderland Walk kit, and a ribbon, and called this one done.

Love how both of these turned out. I think I’m making some progress now, in creating holiday cards… but I have a ways to go! Hmmm, may be time for a little paper piecing. We’ll see… well, till next time, happy crafting!


1 comment: