Friday, October 21, 2022

Falling for the Holidays 2022

 Hello, welcome to my first entry in the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party

For this non-traditional card, I used a popular chair stamp from Unity Stamp Co. (one of our sponsors!), designed by a crafty friend, Jeanie Hays. This stamp can be purchased in the standalone set, My Happy Place, or if you are a member, in a prior Kit of the Month (KOTM), Beginning of Anything, from May 2020. I got the idea of this card from looking at new 2022 paper pads… chairs seem to be in! And why not! They are comfy and cozy… especially with a little holiday decor!

I also used a new paper pad that reminds me of my little Havanese dogs, Paper Roses’ Snuggly Christmas. I love the fresh use of a new color for holiday cards! So, to begin I stamped the chair, added a little pencil shading and fussy cut it out. I did end up also using a white Posca pen to outline the chair. I then stamped the pillow twice on 2 different sheets from the pad, shaded them and fussy cut them out. I also fussy cut the ornaments and a cute little pup! I decided to make the background using 2 of the sheets from the pad, one for the rug and one for the wall.

Before putting everything together, I decorated one of the pillows with a snowflake to match the ornaments. I found the perfect one in September’s KOTM, Fa-La-La-La-La, along with a perfect sentiment! I embossed both using a sparkly blue Stampendous embossing powder. The pillows, sign and ornaments are all foam raised. I used a navy and a silver pen to “attach” the ornaments to the ceiling!

To be honest, this turned out better than my expectations! But then I’m known for my love of quirky cards! Hope you enjoyed this one… now… your turn!

 Join in the fun and link up some pretty holiday cards… and check out all the beauties already submitted! Remember, the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party also has a great list of sponsors and giveaways. See rules in the attached blog post!

Thanks for stopping by… till next time, happy crafting!

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh... I love your non-traditional colors on this card, Joyce! Wonderful mix of images for a comfy cozy scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect wintery, comfy scene! I love everything about this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this scene! The chair is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about your card. I just realized last week that I have the chair stamp from a KOM. I need to use it!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes… would love to see your creation! Thanks, Linda

      Delete
  5. Thank You for exploring your creative side after retirement.....so many of us get to take pleasure in your incredible creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! What a sweet little dog! I have a 125-pound Great Dane, so he would dwarf the scene I'm afraid! I love the colors you used for this card and the way the sentiment looks like a wall hanging that completes the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not live this more! Everything about this card, I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors in the card are really nice!
    Feels like kind of a vintage look to me.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete