Thursday, October 28, 2021

September ATCs

 What to do with your huge collection of unused paper ephemera?… here’s my answer! Had so much fun creating these and each one is unique! Had 2 different themes going…  the first one using a Beautiful African based collection that I received in March’s Art Journal Junction’s Mixed Media Subscription package. I am having a lot of fun with this subscription, been receiving new inks, paints and sprays, pads, ephemera, and a bunch of other stuff. You can check out some of their inspiration videos on YouTube. By the way, they are having a giveaway to their membership, valued at over $500! 

Enter HERE!

To create the background base for the ATCs, I used a combo of the new beautiful Tim Holtz Halloween Mica sprays on mixed media paper. I then used a couple Unity background stamps, with brown and Mahogany archival inks, one from Progress and Change and the other - Brave Spirit Diamond Stripes, to augment the motif. I cut the paper down and added a white and gold blend of modeling paste with a stencil. I then split up all the ephemera, added a few more from my stash, added Washi tape and sequins and crystals to complete the cards. I added a portion of a Unity sentiment from All About the Journey as the final step. I know a few people who, pre-Covid, travelled to Africa and shared beautiful pictures of this fascinating continent. The people, the culture and the animals are just fascinating! These ATCs while not accurate, probably, remind me of those stories.



The second set were created using a variety of ephemera from my stash. I started this one using a neutral colored patterned paper on which I stamped and white embossed the dots from Unity’s Polka Dance Background. I then used oxide inks to add color around the dots that matched the ephemera. I worked with the ephemera to create harmonic ATCs that while unique carried the same theme. I distressed the edges. I platinum embossed a sentiment from Wayward Flowers on to vellum and fussy cut those down. To complete the ATCs, I added enamel dots, crystals, a coordinating small paper flower and a matching brad.


Hope you enjoy these, again, non traditional, almost min card ATCs. 

Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment