Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Artist Trading Cards - August

 So, good news - I’m back making trading cards after surgeries! The other good news is my husband has finally returned home after a 3 year stint working for the federal govt. in Wash., DC! Although still working, at least he’s based at home! It’s been a rough 3 years… nothing like what I had planned… which was frequent back and forth visits exploring all DC and whatever the surrounding areas had to offer. All of that was derailed (along with everyone else’s life) with a pandemic! However, I did manage to get into trouble starting a renovation of the entire house… hence the first set of ATCs. 

I used Tim Holtz’ Doodle and Bubble kit. I first cut up an AB Studio grungy paper into ATC sized cards. I then used a wood block Tim Holtz scroll stamp across the cards in brown ink. I used both green and gold distress oxide inks to add texture using both sides of the stencil in the kit. I also added pen circles freehand. Then, I stamped, watercolored and fussy cut the sentiment, cat and yarn. I also used another TH kit to create the ticket. I assembled the pieces adding gold mesh as a layer.




For the second ATC, I stamped some gold/brown distress oxide inks onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water. I then dipped and 8 1/2 x 11” mixed media paper onto wet inks. After drying, I used same technique with Lindy’s metallic copper pigments. I then cut up the sheet into ATCs and added torn pieces of paper. I used a Somerset magazine image and cut up circles and tore off strips. I paper punched holes in the strips and added to ATCs. I used white gesso to blend everything together, Finally, I added pen outlines.

I stamped the bird from Unity’s You Are My People kit using Stazon ink. I then added color using blue and purple Pigment inks to create shine. I cleaned up the images with white and black pens. I also free hand added a branch using a variety of metallic and paint pens. I stamped the sentiment from the kit onto a Unity patterned paper, from a “marble looking” paper pack, cut it up and attached it.


Hope you like my first foray back into the ATC world. If you would like to exchange ATCs with me, pm me. The group I exchange with has recently shrunk and I would be willing to exchange monthly one on one. PM me if interested. I am looking to expand into other stamp vendors as well. I am limited to how many I can do… so, if per chance, I decline, please don’t be offended. 

That’s all for now, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment