Sunday, April 11, 2021

Artist Trading Card Catch Up

Haven’t posted trading cards in awhile, so I thought I’d share some of my favorites over the last few months. Used several different techniques on these, but all were created using a combination of Unity stamps.

The heart set background was created using acrylic paints, embossing powder with a Unity heart stamp, a stencil and paste and my own scribbles. The background on the Shine ATC, was created using a magazine artist paper and adding acrylic paint colors with a stencil to evenly distribute colors. 




The Soul Joy background was created using a 12x12 paper from a pad, stenciling on green leaves and adhering a flowery napkin to get the background colors I wanted. The Good Day background was just created with watercolors and adhering but up boots from a paper pad. I tried to recreate the colors in the watercolored boot image.



For the Love set, I watched a bunch of Tracy Evans YouTube videos, because a) l absolutely love her style and b) I love her voice and accent ;-). It was created using a couple circle dies. For the top circle, I die cut another paper and partially stamped the Unity image through the circle and the traced the outline. The 2 bottom circles are actually die cuts, again with partial images. I also stamped on a stencil, spritzed it with water and laid it on top of each ATC, holding it in place to get the ink transferred. For the Amazing set, I was inspired by another art journaling artist...and I can’t find her name. I took a sheet of Bristol paper and used a combination of Perfect Pearls, cream acrylic and red pigment powder to create a variegated background. I added some background stamping all over. Finally, I drew lines with pencil and added heartfelt words and artistic thoughts randomly all over the sheet. I then cut it down to ATC’s. I created star cutouts using 3 sizes of dies and patterned paper. The girl was embossed, and watercolor added to her.




Hope you enjoyed seeing the different looks you can create with backgrounds. Thanks for stopping by! Til next time, happy crafting.

1 comment: