Monday, January 18, 2021

Sentiment Says it All

Hello! Well, I am starting back crafting at a slower pace. Turns out I didn’t need carpel tunnel surgery, so I got an injection instead and decided to rest my aching hands and wrists by taking a break. I have compression at the elbows, so I’ll also have to watch that (numbness in pinkie fingers).

So, this card says it all for me for a variety of reasons. Clearly, 2021 started off not so great... but let’s still hope for new beginnings with a change of leadership. Also, speaks to my crafting efforts. Hopefully, starting fresh here with rested limbs. And, met a very old friend online, a friendship which ended painfully decades ago, now restarting anew. Finally, with Covid vaccinations on the rise, unfortunately, we will continue to experience high levels of loss, a very painful ending to a horrific pandemic with a glimmer of light ahead.

So... here’s to new beginnings... cheers! To start off this card, I stamped the image from Your Life is Your Story using Antique Linen Distress ink onto watercolor paper. I then used the Nuvo watercolor pencils from this months January 2021 Whit Kit and a few pens and pencils to add color to the image. I spritzed the card with watercolors and Brea Reese Yellow Glitter ink. Finally, I stamped the sentiment with Simon Says Stamp black ink.


I die cut the paper using a Memory Box die, added twine, K&C paper and shiny paper dots to complete this simple card. Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Joyce! You are so talented. I always look forward to seeing your cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Thanks for “how to” details. I hope you continue to feel better. I can hardly wait for my turn to get the vaccine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful Card. So glad you are starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete