Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Hand Painted Card

Hello, fellow crafters! I was browsing through an old Daphne’s Diary magazine and cutting out pages of interest, when I was drawn to a particular page. I had an urge (gotta follow those when they strike) to try my hand at replicating the watercolored leaves. So, I pulled out my Schmincke watercolors, a small piece of watercolor paper and tried painting free hand the leaves. When I was satisfied I had a good first layer down, I changed over to a smaller brush and sat down to add more detail and to clean up lines. This is where I stopped water coloring:


I then pulled out some Prismacolor pencils and tightened up a bit the edges and colors. I also used a white gel pen to add lines, shading a bit around them. Here’s where that effort ended up:

I then looked for how I could make it into a card and decided to create my own background first doing a watercolor wash on the same type of paper using a few of the colors from the painting. I then pulled out 3 different Stampin up green inks and the Infinite Birthday Wishes stamp from Unity Stamp Co. I then stamped the image using all 3 colors for interest. 

Using Brutus Monroe’s Espresso Coffee powder, I embossed a sentiment, from the Include Yourself in Beauty kit from Unity, onto vellum. I then cut down and backed both, a little offset, with shiny glitter paper from DCWV. I then cut down special textured brown paper from a prior Whit Kit for backing of both pieces.

I mounted everything on a brown card base, added fussy ribbon and brown Crystal dots.

Pretty pleased with how this birthday card turned out. Hope you like it. Till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. You’re so talented. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete