Friday, January 29, 2021

Violin Card

Picked up this pretty Crafters’ Companion Violin Solo stamp set from Tuesday Morning awhile ago with someone special in mind. My very best friend, who I’ve known since kindergarten, played violin all though grammar school. Music has filled her whole life since, through guitar playing, singing groups, and community theater.

So, given her birthday and Valentine’s Day are near, I started this card. I pulled out 3 of my new Magical pigment powders from this Lindy’s Stamp Gang set. I started by spraying watercolor paper with water and sprinkling on the powder, spritzing again if globs formed. I kept at it till I was happy with the colors. 

I then stamped the violin on watercolor paper using Antique Linen Distress ink. Using the first paper as a color guide, I painted the violin and flowers with my Schmincke watercolors, drying in between layers. I then took out a few Prismacolor pencils and added some more depth of color and evening out of tones. I used a black Sharpie in spots, and called it done.


I then grabbed a Stampendous Ledger Script stamp and added brown script marks to the first colored paper using brown Versafine ink. I then used black ink to add notes from the stamp kit. I die cut that paper with a Heffy Doodle oval die and inked the edges. I also die cut a smaller oval using black paper. I created a wash on the leftover piece of watercolor paper and sprinkled a little of the powders on it. I then stamped the sentiment of the kit on that and cut it down. I backed the sentiment with black paper.

I fussy cut the violin out and die cut a coordinating piece of patterned paper out of Stamperia’s Time is an Illusion paper. Using a Kraft card base, I pulled the card together, embellishing with black thread and enamel dots.


Hope she enjoys the card and the memories. Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment