Tuesday, October 20, 2020

October SMAK Tree Cards

Tried a couple different approaches with the lovely trees stamp from Unity’s October SMAK, The Best Memories. There are so many ways to use these stamps, especially for scrapbooking, I imagine! 

First, I used a sparkly green Nuvo Embossing powder and added watercolor mountains in the background to match the navy paper I was going to use for the base layer. I decided to try embossing one of the snowflakes in 3 spots across the 2 papers. This time I used a couple of embossing powders (Stampendous and Wow) to make sure they really showed up. To cover the gap, I had planned on using a gold paper from Brutus Monroe. I added green crystals, tiny snowflakes and fancy ribbon for embellishments. Since, I’ll be using this one for the holidays, I added the ‘For My Favorite’ sentiment at the bottom, using another Stampendous embossing powder.

I wasn’t satisfied with this card, so, this time, I started with watercolor paper. I stamped the trees again, this time using a green Zing powder (yes, I have an embossing powder problem ;-). I then taped all the sides with purple tape and loosely added blue and green watercolors to the background as clouds and ground. I pulled off the tape and added blue and green pen lines around the image. I found a Somerset Studio Artist paper in the new magazine that I used as a foundation. I also found a die cut blue paper scrap I could use. I tried adding white paint flecks to it, but it was too absorbent. So I ended up pulling out a BoBunny green paste and a Tim Holtz holiday stencil and added pine needles and holly leaves to it instead. I pulled the card together on green cardstock and added fancy ribbon.


There is so much more that could be done with these trees. I just love their size! Well, enough for now, till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment