Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Unity’s September SMAK Card

Just received the new September SMAK kit, Everything is Up to You and had to immediately open it up. I decided to start making an autumn card using the pretty row of trees. (May shoot for a Christmas version later, as well!)
Wanting something a little different, I pulled my Schmincke’s watercolors out and created a gradient watercolor wash down the paper. I was pretty pleased with how vibrant the colors turned out. Not wanting the background to wash out the image, I pulled out my Vicki Boutin crayons and crayoned over the rubber stamp, spritzed it with water and stamped it on the paper. I did this several times, using a heat gun to dry the image paper. When done, I stamped the tree tops one more time with red ink. There’s definitely a combo of colors in those trees. I love the loose feeling this technique gives the image.

Wanting some bling too, I took craft glue and added dots around the treetops and the ground to adhere flecks of gold, copper and purple glitter. Haven’t used glitter in a while... was fun to pull it out! Now, I was really happy!

I embossed a sentiment from the kit using a Zinc green powder. I trimmed down the image and sentiment. I found gold glitter paper I thought would complement the image and added small border strips on the top and bottom and backed the sentiment.



I love autumn colors and the season! And I think the bright colors and lovely sentiment of this card, could bring cheer to someone this season! See the video at the end for a look at all the sparkle!
Enough on this card, hope it inspired some ideas... till next time, happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment