Monday, August 17, 2020

Sympathy Card Simon Say Stamps

Unfortunately, I had to create a couple of Sympathy cards for close cousins for the passing of my Aunt, a special lady. She was a very talented lady, and helped to inspire my creativity in many ways. So, I had to honor her by creating some homemade cards. 

The first was created using a new background stamp called Poppies by Simon Says Stamps. I stamped the image on Strathmore watercolor paper using Antique Linen Distress ink and painted it using my Schmincke watercolors. I added navy and green inks and used my Prismacolor pencils to deepen colors. I stamped the sentiment using a combination of white ink, Squeezed Lemonade oxide ink and an antique embossing powder by Brutus Monroe, onto navy cardstock. I then die cut the watercolor paper and backed it with the same navy paper. I added yellow and navy ribbons and yellow crystals and mounted it all onto an A6 card. 


What is wonderful about creating a card for a special purpose, is that in the time spent during the act of creation, I always recall fond memories and events associated with the people the card is intended for. It’s especially important to me when everyone is literally across the country from me!


Well, hope this serves as a special card for my family! On to the next one, now. Till next time, happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. I love your card, the way you have used your water colours, just so Stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, the way you have used your water colours, just so Stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Joyce. So sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss. Such a rich & elegant remembrance. Really like the navy & yellow - somber but hopeful.

    ReplyDelete