Monday, August 17, 2020

Sympathy Card 2 - August SMAK kit

I decided to do a more minimalist card for my second sympathy card. 

This time, I pulled out a Primary Elements pigment, called Snapdragon. I sprinkled some on my craft mat, spritzed water on it, and laid a piece of watercolor paper over the pigment. I then spritzed more water on the paper to Stallone the pigment to flow a bit. I then lifted off the water with paper towels and did it again. Once I was happy with the effect, I dried the paper.

I then pulled out a stamp from Unity’s August 2020, You Are My People Kit. I also found, to my delight, in my embossing powder stash, a violet/purple based powder from Crafter’s Companion that I picked up at a Tuesday Morning! I then stamped and embossed the image. I found the perfect sentiment to pair with the image/occasion in Unity’s Brody’s Love kit

After die cutting, I then backed the image with black and violet papers, added black ribbon and purple crystals. In both the last card and this card, I used other sentiments from that same kit on the inside.


Again, I hope this simple card fits the occasion. Well, that’s it for tonight. Till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Joyce. You’ve inspired me to pull out my color burst pigments. It’s been way too long since I’ve played with them.

    ReplyDelete