Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Missing Our Time Together Card

Today, inspired by a copper colored hanger ribbon I snipped off a shirt, copper hues became my color palette. I also wanted to create a mixed media card as well and found a package of card sized Ranger Mixed Media paper I picked up on sale somewhere. I pulled out a Ciao Bella ‘Ciao Bella’ Creative Pad A4 paper pack I thought I could provide further inspiration. I ended up fussy cutting out an envelope and some alphabet letters from the paper. Finally, I decided to use the girl image and a sentiment from Unity’s 4/20, Hope in Uncertainty KOTM kit.

So, to begin, I pulled out copper metallic, portrait pink and white acrylic paints, a roller, and a plastic ribbon stencil I picked up in a magazine. I wanted a more grungy look so I taped the stencil down and rolled ink over the paper, using my fingers to ensure I captured the outline of the stencil. I then added some portrait pink, and white paints. Finally, I used the copper again to add color to the edges and small strips. Once that was dried, I added gray and copper inks... adding outlines and some writing. 

I then stamped the girl image using Gathered Twigs oxide ink onto old pale peach stationary paper (I like the pencil effects on this paper). I used Prismacolor pencils and rust and brown pens to color the image. I fussy cut out the top and sides of the image and tore the bottom.

To pull the card together, I used a border die cutter on the sides of the inked up paper, added the ribbon and adhered it to Kraft cardstock. I then glued the cut up envelope on. I added the girl image with raised foam tape. I embossed the sentiment using Rusty Hinge Embossing powder onto white scrap paper And cut it down. I added Gathered Twigs and Pumice Stone inks to the paper to Match the envelope color and inked the edges with Rusty. I added that also using foam tape. Finally, I added the letters alternating using foam tape and paste. 

I enjoyed using some fairly new to me products to create this mixed media card! It was fun trying to pull together stamps, paper and mixed media supplies as well! Hope you enjoyed the card I created today. Till next time, happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment