Tuesday, March 3, 2020

February ATC’s

So, last month’s ATCS were inspired by paper contained in the most recent Somerset Studio magazine and dotted paper included in an old paper crafting magazine paper. In one case, I used one of the magazine included papers as the foundation of the ATC’s and in the other I stamped on and cut up some of the pages! Note... I haven’t even read it yet..l was just inspired by the colors!

My failed ATC... the first I’ll talk about used the included designer papers as the base. I cut down the ATCs using the papers. One of my swap group members sent papers with their’s - used one and cut it into strips along with the paper craft magazine and adhered them to the ATCs. I gold embossed the flower image from Unity’s Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful 1/14 kit and first painted white gesso in the flower centers and then added glitter inks.



Because they didn’t stand out, I then took pens and chalk pastel and muted the backgrounds trying to emphasize the flowers and added white Posca pen. I stamped the sentiment from Imperfection is Beauty Kit using Gina k’s Ivory ink (just picked up... love it!) on black card stock, fussy cut and adhered it. I then stamped a Unity butterfly from the Eyes of the Beholder 4/18 KOM on separate paper, used a white applied the same process, fussy cut it and adhered it with black string behind it and called this one (imperfectly) done!




The second one started on a DCWV paper, from a pack called Preserved Paper. I actually used about 10 different papers from various sources, paper packs and the 2 magazines mentioned above. I tore up pieces and collaged the design, stamping and in one case embossing images at various points. The Unity stamps I used came from the following kits: the Normal is Boring 3/18 SMAKWildflower and Wings 4/14 SMAK and the Straight Laced Kit. I added vintage Raw Charms and fine jute I picked up  from Unity. I added color to the dress frame using oxides and inked the edges and called this one done. I used a brown pen to outline the paper printed dress frames and the sentiment. Now, this one speaks to me!






Anyways, another month of playing was done and, in return, I’m receiving wonderful goodies from my crafty friends! Till next month, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment