Saturday, February 8, 2020

Tenderness Card

Created an unusual fun Valentine card, one of those cards that I didn’t know where it was going until it happened. These are fun, like the last card, where your imagination just takes off during the process and you go with it! So, how it all began...

I pulled out Unity’s Tenderness kit and stamped it out on white card stock with black ink. I first painted the hearts using Altenew paints. I then repainted the red hearts with Brea Reese Glitter ink. Finally, I spattered paint all over. I wasn’t real happy with my paint job, but then I remembered whole card shakers that I saw on a recent video created by a popular card maker, whose name is a blank to me. Please, if you know this person, comment with this ingenious person’s name! Anyway, the gist of the video was to recycle plastics that craft stuff is enveloped in. So, I decided to try to make a card patterned after this idea.



I found a plastic envelope slightly larger than an A2 card and then die cut the hearts paper. I remembered part of the process was to cut the plastic envelope corners at an angle to allow folding and taping of the envelope in the back. I did this with 3 sides, cutting off excess plastic as needed. I filled the front with both red and pink sequins and then sealed the final side. I actually used regular tape for this. I found coordinating paper I could use as a base. I then remembered I picked up a cute new die from Simon Says Stamps, called You Are Loved. I used another patterned paper for the words and black paper for the background.



Yes, the plastic is shiny and a little flimsy, but I still think it made for a cute card and is saving the environment a little. Let me know what you think!

Happy crafting, till next time!

6 comments:

  1. This is cool. I want to try this! Great upcycling idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you did try it... congrats... love what you did!

      Delete
  2. What a fun card. Did you watch a video on YouTube? If so, it might be in your history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion... I did what you suggested and couldn’t find it! Thanks Alaine!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea !! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to do and I liked how it turned out! Would do it again! Thanks Katy!

      Delete