Sunday, February 9, 2020

Power Poppy Happy Crabapple Card

Wanted to do a little watercolor today, and, oh my, I did... I painted the very little flowers and buds in Power Poppy’s Happy Crabapple stamp set. Painting that small is definitely a challenge with these old eyes and hands.

I first stamped the branch using InkOn 3’s Fadeout Noline ink, but I also used Antique Linen when I saw how tiny the flowers were... to aid in seeing them. I used Arches Cold Pressed watercolor paper. I used a gold pen for the flower stamens and green and gray pens to darken some areas. I spattered tiny paint drops all over and a mixture of water and Perfect Pearls. After painting, I stamped a sentiment from another kit called Planning for Magnolias and then die cut the paper. I decided, because the painting wasn’t tight due to old eyes and difficulty painting tiny things (at least for me), that I would have a soft background that it could blend into.

I found coordinating paper in a retired Modascrap Sweet Vintage Rose set and used Kraft card stock acquired from Unity Stamp Co. I added light colored sequins and a fancy “ribbon” and called the card done.


I think this card, while not great, will make a nice birthday card for an acquaintance and it served its purpose in satisfying my craving. I picked the crabapple because actually the pear tree across the street from my house is in full bloom so I know the crabs are not far behind.

Well, that’s it for today, have a great week and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment