Friday, January 24, 2020

Colorado Craft Company Chanel Card

Oh, I had to do it... just had to buy this new stamp, Big and Bold Perfume Bouquet, from Colorado Craft Company! Reasons: this perfume was my mother-in-law’s favorite (loved her and still miss her so), my sister-in-law and I are perfume junkies, I know my SIL will love the homage to her, and I’m loving the Big and Bold line from 3C! So, it was destined to become a non-traditional Valentine to my SIL.

I started by stamping the image onto Arches Hot Pressed Watercolor paper using Antique Linen distress ink. I began painting the perfume bottle with my Schmincke watercolors. I decided to keep the flower colors in the same family as I didn’t want to detract from the bottle, but rather coordinate with it, so I moved to orange colors. After I took it as far as I could with paints, I moved to pens, black, gray, green, brown and taupe. I followed that up with Prismacolor pencils to deepen colors. I left the coloring pretty loose all around. I spattered red paint, Perfect Pearls and white Gouache all over and cut the panel down.


This stamp is large, so I went for a 5x7 card base. I found patterned paper with bits of gold in it I could use to frame the image. I also used brown and a black papers for edging. I stamped and embossed the 3 sentiments from the kit, added orange ribbon, yellow, black and orange crystals and called it done. Probably could have/should have gone with an all gold paper background, but decisions were made permanent before I could change my mind.


So, the Valentine’s greeting will go into this card, along with special messages and be sent, along with dark chocolate Sees candy (another common passion), to my lovely, bedridden, sister-in-law, across the country! Hope she loves it! Hope you like it as well!

Till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card - it's so vibrant and full of life. It just POPS off the page. Just beautiful Joyce. You have an eye for color.

    ReplyDelete