Monday, January 27, 2020

Hello Little Birdie Card

Gah! What a day... after repeated failed attempts to create a card, and in the process, contaminating first my brand new Gina K white embossing powder with clear powder, and, then, doing the exact same thing with my very large clear embossing powder container (with white), and doing all this with a hurting back, I gave up, sat down and sobbed (using GIFs) to my crafty friends. (They are wonderful support!) After consoling and distracting me (making me laugh), I was given a color palette to make my next card with as a challenge.

Sat and read for awhile and decided to start another card using this palette as a suggestion.


I pulled out a watercolor paper and stamped the bird from Unity’s Hello Little Birdie Kit using Inkon3 Fadeout No Line ink. I painted the bird using my Schmincke watercolors and then added pen marks. I added color to the background, stamped a sentiment from Unity’s Strength in Wisdom Kit, and die cut the paper. I used burgundy paper in the background and added string, a metal bird, and enamel dots and called the card done.


This simple card made a very nice change from recent efforts and was the break I needed to continue on. Thank you, my ATC friends, and especially Annie Sterner, for the support!

Till next time, hope you have a great week! And, if you get in a funk like me, try using this color palette as inspiration! Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Love this card, and that is a very cheerful palette. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how some cards attract all the attention and yet others don't. Yet I ADORE this card - it's one of my favorites of yours. I love birds though. Love the colors you chose and the splattered background. The sentiment is perfect! LOL

    ReplyDelete