Thursday, November 21, 2019

Last Gina K Ornament Card

Okay... I just HAD to fix my 3rd attempt with this ornament stamp from yesterday! Wasn’t going to post this, but I’m on a journey - still learning, and, hopefully, you don’t mind the ride along! So, here’s the Gina K Design kits I used on this one:

Merry and Bright
Christmas Script
Folk Art Snowflakes

Again, I had embossed the ornament, this time with a Ranger Aqua Tinsel powder. You can blame the colors of this eye opening (put your sunglasses on) card on the aqua colored card stock included in the Warm Winter Wishes Card Kit! I just had to pair the color with bright pink and to really lay it on thick... silver! So, how this came about was that, yesterday, I was distracted by the Folk Art Snowflake Kit... just gorgeous snowflakes, and had the bright idea to make my own background for the ornament. It became a hot mess after I used a few too many techniques. By that time, I had already added pink to the inside of the ornament using, again, a Fuchsia colored Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen.

So, today, I ripped everything apart and was left with the aqua card base and a fussy cut fuchsia/aqua ornament. Starting over, I pulled Bristol paper out and 2 inks, Turquoise Sea from Gina K and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. I used Picket Fence Blending Brushes to add both colors to the paper. I then stamped the ornaments on the paper using both inks. Finally, I added water to my hands, clapped them over the paper, let the water beads sit a minute and then dropped a paper towel over the paper to absorb the residual water. This left lightened areas on the paper. I then took the stencil included in the card kit and taped it down over the paper. I pulled out a Brutus Monroe Silver Glitter Glaze and smeared it over the top of the stencil with a palette knife. Gave a perfect sparkle to the paper!

I decided to make a coordinating backing paper for the ornament and the sentiment. I ended up adding the Picked Raspberry ink to the shadier areas of the ornament to ensure the pink color in the ornament was in sync with the background. So, again, using the brushes, I blended the pink ink on to another paper. Wanting a little pattern to peak thru, I ended up stamping the sentiment on to the paper with the very pale gray Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink and then darkening the edges of the paper. After stamping and embossing the sentiment with Ranger Silver powder, I decided to back that with a paper blended out with Turquoise Sea ink. But, first I blended some Turquoise Sea on to the white strip.

To pull this card together, I used a light white/silver glitter paper to back the components. For embellishments, I found my annoying Target iridescent snowflakes (they get everywhere), clear crystals, and silver ribbon and string from a Tim Holtz set. (Luckily, I have plenty of women to give cards to that may enjoy some bling!)

Okay, no more ornaments for awhile! The bee has left my bonnet and I can go on to other projects I have lined up! Yeah! So, till next time... happy crafting!