Friday, November 1, 2019

Art Anthology, Prima and Unity Holiday Card

After being inspired by the card creations of a wonderful mixed media artist on YouTube by the name of Shawn Petite (check her out... love, love, love), I decided to try my hand at recreating one of her cards. Only, with my spin! I used Art Anthology products, a Prima paper and Unity Stamps and embossing powders. This again was a fun exercise!

9/19 UNITY SMAK Kit

So, to begin, I cut off a piece of Prima’s Christmas in the Country paper from the pad. I took out a sparkly Red Art Anthology paint and using a palette knife scraped paint in vertical and horizontal lines on the paper. This created a bit of texture! After drying I then used a palette knife again to scrape white gesso over the paper ensuring parts of the red would still be visible. I had to go back again and go over a few spots after drying the paper. Finally, I used watered down Cocoa paint combined with some Gold to paint over the top of the whole paper... I used a paper towel to lift off some of it. And went around the edges again with just the Cocoa paint, again lifting with paper towels to remove any hard lines.





Pulling out the September 2019 SMAK kit, I first embossed the sentiment using Black Ranger powder. I then stamped the snowflakes from the kit around and used a combo of white Ranger and a white glittery Stampendous powder. I used a dark Derwent Charcoal pencil to give a little definition to the snowflakes and added white Posca pen dots for snow.



I used a green patterned paper from another pad and the red check paper from the Prima pad to back the paper. I distressed both of those and darkened the edges of those and the die cut snowflake paper with Gathered Twigs oxide ink. I pulled the card together only adding a string embellishment.


Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to make it better, I’d love to hear from you! Have a great weekend and till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I love EVERYTHING about this card! I would never have thought to cover the background paper with paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I thought it already had a festive feel and whatever shown through would complement the rest of the card!

      Delete