Saturday, October 19, 2019

Mondo Holly Christmas Card

Picked up this set, Mondo Holly by Julie Ebersole, from Ellen Hutson, during last year’s after Christmas sale. Such an interesting holly stamp with twist and turns in its leaves. I used the premium Arches watercolor paper and stamped the image about 5 times covering the cut down paper. I used mustard seed Distress ink for stamping, leaving a good image, but ensuring the paint dissolves with the heavier paint. My inspiration... from the web...


Continuing on with my watercolor efforts, I took a couple more Daniel Smith paint swatches and began coloring to a Hallmark channel. (This time of year, I go back and forth between sickly sweet, but fun, romance movies and horror movies! Go figure! Guess I need the balance!).


Took quite a bit of time as you need to let areas, like individual berries, dry before applying paint adjacent to them. I didn’t belabor the painting as it is only a card! Once completed a used a white pen and lines of green paint to add leaf details. I spattered green, gold and white paint over the image. (I need to improve my spattering efforts, but good enough for now.)


I used 2 sentiment strips from the same kit, white embossing them on black paper. I die cut the painted image, backed it with both dark red and black paper, backed the black sentiment strip with red and assembled the card. I added gold crystals and red Nuvo drops to complete the card.


Check... another Christmas card done! Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment