Saturday, October 12, 2019

2nd Fall Birthday Card

Well, since all my boys’ birthdays are in October and I LOVE autumn colors, I went again with a fall card for my son! Tried to keep the colors more realistic and muted for a masculine take on this one. If you watched a certain YouTuber, you can tell I’ve been studying her work and developed this card in her style, only using the Unity stamp, Frondescence.


I used Spectrum Noir watercolor paper and a Daniel Smith watercolor paint tag to color in the Gathered Twig Distress ink stamped image. I used a combo of colors on each leaf variety and when completed added a Prismacolor pencils and brown and green pens to fill in color, where needed. At the end I added paint spatters in red and green. I then pulled out a white Gouache tube and Gansai Tambi Starry Colors set to add some sparkle and light.


I stamped the sentiment from the Unity Butterflies and Sunbeams set using Thistle Archival ink and clear embossed it. I added a dark green patterned paper and a gold textured paper as the base on a white cardstock. Finally, I added a gold ribbon, and DIY crystal dots to complete the card.



Hope you like this card... as much as I enjoyed listening to music and coloring it! I absolutely loved painting this set! Have a great weekend and happy crafting till next time! PS if you like my art journey... follow me or add your email to get regular updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment