Sunday, June 23, 2019

May ATC’s

So, even though I was in a cast, I did try to create some ATC’s over the 6 weeks in a cast after falling backwards and breaking my wrist. My hand felt like a painful stiff Barbie doll hand, in that, I had very limited movement and could only hold things down with the back of my fourth finger... painfully. Amazing how much you need your other hand for anything... holding paper down, coloring, cutting, ripping off Washi tape. Wow, never knew!


Anywho, I did try to design easy to create ATC’s, but it’s just not possible for me to do. So, I managed to finish the first ATC over several days... sitting down and elevating my hand when the pain was too much. I used sprays first to get the color I wanted. I then pulled out my new Vicki Boutin crayons and directly colored the dragonfly stamp, from the Bold Insight Unity Kit, sprayed it with water and stamped the image. I did this several times using different colors. I then stamped the sentiment. Once dried, I added a Vicki Boutin glaze and a texture paste to the wings. The second adds chunks of iridescent pieces to the wings and the first adds a shiny sheen. To complete the ATC’s I added Washi tape. The Vicki Boutin products were all newly purchased, deeply discounted at Tuesday morning (unfortunately, shopping is not a problem with one hand ;-) )!



The second ATC’s design, stamping and first completed ATC were all completed before the cast was off, but I couldn’t face finishing them till the pain was reduced. I used a few kits for this one, the 4/19 KOTM (for the sentiment and the magnifying glass), 1/18 Uniquely Unity kit (for the magnified flower) and a flower cluster stamp I received in a Unity grab bag (not sure what kit it is from)! I think a variety of Unity stamps could be used for this technique! You can tell the quality of this one is not up to par as after stamping a bunch of clusters all over an 8 1/2”x11” paper and then stamping the magnifying glass and sentiment on the cut up ATC’s , I had to “white out” the flower clusters around the words with a Posca pen to make them stand out. I hurt too much to redo! I then used a Spectrum Noir glitter pen to add a little blue to the clusters. I tested and then decided to use Brea Reese metallic pens to color the magnifying glass. I then stamped out the large cluster on separate paper and stamped the glass again over the largest flowers and fussy cut out the circle. I colored those with a combo of pens and watercolor paints and finished those up with a clear glitter ink. I then added brown crystals to the center to match the brown centers of the background clusters.



Hope you at least enjoyed the concepts of these! Next up, June ATCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment