Thursday, April 25, 2019

April 2019 Artist Trading Cards

Hey there... back to explain how I made these trading cards before I broke my wrist! Again, I enjoyed making these cards!


For the first card, I was inspired by a recent Unity Co. video showing a vintage tag. I’ve been wanting to use the last stamp from the Garden Whatnot Collection and thought it might make a good ATC. I first made a mask of the middle parts of the ATC and stamp that I didn’t want to overstamp. I then pulled out some oxide inks, the image stamp from the Take Care of You Kit, and using the mask, added some background to the edges of each ATC. I then stamped the tag image in brown. I restamped the tag on other paper to get an additional butterfly and the large one. I blended glitter inks  to achieve the colors I wanted and painted all the butterflies and glasses, fussy cut the additional pieces and glued them on. I inked the edges, then added twine, a another Unity stamp sentiment and a button at the top and called the cards done.


For the second ATC, I was inspired by a freebie Unity stamp and a BoBunny Washi tape. I wanted to see if I could create something using both. For this ATC, I used a variety of kits: Sentimental Journey SMAK Kit from 5/16 (bush background), Eternal kit (gate background), Dream, Hope, Do sentiment kit (freebie), and the watering can from the 7/09 KOTM. First, I gathered attached the Washi tape at the bottom. I then covered that with a larger tape. I found distress colors I thought would coordinate with the Washi and stamped that on the media mat. I then dipped the ATCs in those colors. I then adhered the ATCS on my Misti and stamped the larger foliage tag stamp on the ATCs. Finally, I added the gate background stamp in gray. Finally I stamped the watering can in the corner ensuring I could add the sentiment later. I pulled off the top Washi and used pencils and pens to make the watering can more closely match the cans in the Washi. I also added water using pens. I then added a brown cord. Finally, I stamped the sentiment on another sheet using rose gold Delicata ink and then embossed it with a Seth Apter grainy powder. I die cut those out and added white pen where needed and attached them.





Had fun with these! Till next time (when the swelling in my wrist is gone), happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment