Thursday, December 20, 2018

December ATC’s!

Oh my, it’s been a busy month! I finally got “got my butt in gear”, as my husband says, and created these cards. I wanted to make sure they looked very festive for the holidaysand reflected my messages for this heartwarming season.


I again had a lot of fun with the first card. I took a watercolor paper and used a variety of green, blue green Distress inks to add color. I stamped them on the craft mat and dipped the paper in. After drying, I then sprinkled green Perfect Pearls on the mat, sprayed with a clear gold spreckled Tattered Angels Glimmer mist and again dipped the paper in. By adding the last bit, the paper has a very soft sheen to it. I picked up another paper and created a second sheet with the leftover inks and sheens (which I’ll use another time). After completely drying the sheet, I then softly stamped the flower from the Little Rebellion kit all over the paper using Vintage Photo Distress ink for background interest. I then cut up the paper into 10 ATCs.



I pulled out my Misti and first stamped the pine branch from the Winter Blessings Kit using distress inks and embossed the image using the lightest, glitteriest embossing powder from a 5 pack Stampendous kit. I then stamped the pine cone and embossed with a gold with brown flakes embossing powder from the same kit. I love, love, love how the two powders look together! I picked up this kit on a whim and am so happy with it! I then stamped the sentiment with a dark brown Gina K ink. I added Washi tape on the side and gold thread and called this one done. Very glittery for the season!



The second set of ATCs were easy to make but took longer as I colored in the image. I used some gingerbread patterned paper as the base and took the image from the Snow Place Like Home kit and stamped it onto Kraft paper. I then used a variety of pencils, white and red pens, a green Arteza watercolor brush, and a peach Spectrum Noir Glitter pen to add color and shine to the gingerbread house. I fussy cut the houses. To complete the ATCs I die cut the Tonic sentiment using the other side of the patterned paper and added a coordinating ribbon.



Hope you liked these 2 ATC’s and that you have a wonderful and blessed holiday with family/friends. Happy crafting, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment