Monday, November 26, 2018

Christmas Ornament Cards

As you may know from another post, I periodically pick up craft magazines of which I still have a full stack. I have found some of the papers to be wonderful. The beautiful patterned paper that inspired me to create these 4 cards came from a Cardmaking and Papercrafter magazine, probably from a year ago. Looks like it was Kaisercraft Christmas Wishes. 


Creating these cards was tricky as the ornament paper and blue fir were on opposite sides of the same sheet (and I only had 1 sheet). The sheet was the size generally used in England, slightly different measurements from ours. So before I made these cards I carefully measured and cut pieces that allowed me to use every bit of the paper and both sides (I really wanted the fir tree strip to be horizontal!). I cut circles out of the gilded gold paper. I also used a glitter paper that I thought matched well. I backed all with Kraft paper and used a shiny cream card and envelope kit.



I stamped the Unity image from the 9/15 KOTM onto watercolor paper. I used coffee archival ink for the whole stamp then went over the words with a dark brown to make sure they’d stand out. I then used Distress inks and white and gold Perfect Pearls to add matching colors and a sheen to each of the ornaments. The base card is the same, but I embellished differently and made a shaker out of one. I love how these turned because of the colors and paper. Hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!! The struggle is real!! Stampin Up does that all the time it seems the design I like the most is always on the same piece!! This paper pack is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, thanks for stopping by! Yes, I love this paper too....the colors, my gosh! Was very satisfying to come up with a design to use it with!

      Delete